Friday, April 17, 2009

I had a splendidly self indulgent birthday yesterday. Thank you everyone for your emails, calls, texts, cards, and other well wishes.

As I said I was self indulgent. I went to the gym, soaked in the tub, a friend took me to lunch, and then I napped ALL AFTERNOON with Alaina (my lunch friend, Wendi, took Liz). Lovely.

In the evening we had to go to "Multicultural Night" at Lizzie's school which was fun (especially the kindergartners performance), but tiring (especially for poor Drew on his crutches). We were happy to get home, deposit the kids in the beds, and veg out in front of the TV.

Because it was my birthday Andrew agreed to play games. We played Yahtze and I beat Drew by more than doubling his score! Awesome! I'm looking forward to a few more nights of games and a day trip tomorrow.

Aside from the game nights and a day trip, Andrew gave me a gift: a label maker! I have wanted one for years and love it (total dork, I know). I'm already labeling things.

Side note: On Monday I joined a gym (for the first time ever) and finally went yesterday. Hopefully I can finally make exercising a habit.

6 comments:

Codi said...

I am laughing at the label maker, but I have to agree that it is a perfect gift! Sounds like a great birthday. I glad that you enjoyed it!

Marcy said...

I want a label maker too!!! I'm glad you had such a great birthday!!

Ali Snow said...

I love labeling things. My mom just bought a label maker and I'm jealous. Go crazy with it.

Carrie said...

Hey Jill,
Happy Birthday. I'm glad you had a nice day. I still need naps too and sneak one in sometimes when the baby is asleep. I got a label maker a while ago and I have been using it a lot lately. Its great for files, kid's toys, kitchen bins and many more useful places. I want to ask you, how do you post your photos together? I'm still learning how to even put the photos in the blog. Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks, Carrie

AW said...

Label makers are awesome! I got one for a birthday once and it was a great gift! I'm sorry I've been a BAD friend and I hope you had a GREAT birthday!

Michelle Earnest said...

Happy late birthday! Hey which gym did you join? I am trying to find a new one and have been looking at Fitness First...maybe we can push each other into going. :)

Contributors