Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Liz Bit

We just told Liz to go prep her bath (push the plug down and turn on the water).

Shortly after she went to the bathroom, we heard her singing and dancing around.

"Liz! Start the bath!"

Finally she turned on the water and ran out.

Andrew asked, "Liz did you put the plug in?"

"Oops!" She ran back in, turned off the water, and returned singing, "I put the plug in."

Andrew smiled and said, "Liz, did you forget to turn the water back on."

Oops. Back again.

I love 5-year-olds.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other things I love about Liz right now:

She still mispronounces words (or just plain uses the wrong ones) like fridge-a-later (refrigerator), jenny-jolli-G (geneology), dangers (strangers), stilts (crutches), mines (mine).

She struggles with th = mudder (mother), fodder (father), teet (teeth), someping (something), healfy (healthy), noffing (nothing) fourf (forth), din (then), dem (them).

She struggles with v = balcano (volcano), laba (lava), boice (voice).

Is sweetly/painfully honest = to me " Mommy you are boring," to the soldier in the Costco bathroom "I like her hair. I like her eyes. She has pretty eyes," about a babysitter "I was going to come out of my room and ask for water, but I saw that she had crazy hair."

Surprises me with her questions = "What are the things the police do before they have to shoot someone?" "What are all the things that are against the law?" "Do you know the names of any girls that shoot guns?"

She is a daddy's girl = Whenever Laina has a dirty diaper she announces that it's for mommy, not daddy and she always plays guessing games so that Andrew wins not me (even when he is not with us).

She is way into animals (lately cheetahs) = she has always preferred to play with toy animals instead of dolls and whenever I tell her a made up story about a little girl she interrupts me and says "Um, mommy, can she be a cheetah?" Which is how I ended up telling her a story today about the rainbow birthday party of Clover, a green-colored Cheetah whose spots were shaped liked shamrocks.

2 comments:

Marilyn Barnes said...

Lizzie must have picked her clothes out herself. We love these tights with her dance outfit!

Julie Broadbent said...

"Clover, a green-colored Cheetah whose spots were shaped liked shamrocks" Wow! that is really creative.

Contributors