Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Activities

Painting Easter Eggs - We didn't do much (because I was tired, not Liz) but it was fun. Lizzie insisted on leaving her eggs out on the table Easter Eve so the Bunny could see them (kind of mixing holidays there).Egg Hunt #1 (the ward) - Lizzie collected only pink and purple eggs and insisted on wearing last year's Easter dress (very similar to the one she picked this year) to the event.
Easter baskets - I'm all about practical gifts so the "baskets" are actually bins for Elizabeth's bookshelf. Laina got a toy, a swimsuit and hat, chocolate bunnies (really for Mommy & Daddy to eat), and baby fruit snacks (those melt-in-your mouth things). Naturally Liz got a bit more.
Alaina licked some of her loot, but mostly she was excited about playing with just one egg (more so than the toy we got her).
Egg Hunt #2 (at home) - Sometimes I miss those easy early days when I filled eggs with candy Drew and I liked then put my latest consignment sale finds in a basket (mostly for the photo), but Lizzie's innocent enthusiasm is certainly fun. I hid eggs around the apartment so she could do an egg hunt when she first woke up. I thought it would enable Drew and I to sleep in (after all they were filled with goldfish and teddy grahms--an okay breakfast), but Liz ran into our room after she found each egg to excitedly announce it's contents and location. No sleep.
The dresses - I wanted the girls in matching or at least coordinating outfits, but there aren't a lot of options when you need size 5 and 6 to 12 months. . . . Plus, Liz refused to wear certain colors, so no matchy matchy, but still super cute. I especially loved the hats which each girl dutifully wore through much of the day.
Easter dinner - We had Easter dinner and an egg hunt at our friends, the Lines', house. The food was wonderful (and plentiful). Quite a spread.
Egg Hunt #3 (after dinner) - Liz was very focused on finding eggs--too focused to pose for pictures. I only got blurry pictures of her running away from me, but I'm excited to eat the candy. Liz is crazy picky and usually passes the bulk of her candy to Drew and I.
Other fun - chasing bubbles and playing in the backyard, decorating sugar cookies, and coloring decorative bags.

2 comments:

rachael said...

Your Easter sounds like it was very exciting! And the girls look awesome in their easter attire. Liz is looking so much like you, it's crazy!!

Jessica said...

What a fun easter! Plentiful baskets, egg hunts, and dinner with friends. Sounds perfect!

Contributors