Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A day at home

I was so excited for school to start again because last week felt so crazy with Andrew convalescing and me sick and Liz wanted to play all the time. . . . Today was my first day really home (since yesterday was spent with Drew and his leg and whatnot). I intended to meet friends for lunch and run errands and so on, but Alaina was sick. What is it with this kid? Always under the weather. . . Now that I'm getting back into my schedule and I have a previously neglected apartment to clean, I really miss the fun of last week such as our brief visit to the American History Museum (where Liz finally participated in the experiments).

It was in telling Andrew about our museum experience that I realized Liz pronounces explosion as "consplosion." Andrew tried to correct her, but she resisted. Much like she refused--for probably three months--to call her left hand, LEFT, and her right, RIGHT. She switched them and explained to us (not always patiently) that she could call her hands whatever she wanted. Until about a week ago--when Liz finally announced that she was going to label her hands our way--it was "your left" (actual left) and "my left" (actual right).

2 comments:

Marilyn Barnes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL....WE LOVE YOU

LOVE MOM AND DAD

Candice said...

Wow! I think like Mom and Dad! Well, here's my birthday wish too! Hope you feel great and enjoy your day! Best wishes to you!

Contributors