Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our last day in Utah . . . .

Today we went to a bounce house in my hometown, Springville. I had a brief lunch with my siblings, Robbie and Julie, and their families. Then, we went to a 3D showing of the movie Bolt with some of the Nielson clan.

Afterwards Drew and I drove up to Kaysville to peek at some of his old haunts. Andrew's remodeled high school looked nothing like when he was there 14 years ago. The lights were on at his old home and someone waved at us from the window. It kind of made me sad to see it. We also visited his parents grave sites. I haven't been to the cemetery since their funerals. While there I also found and photographed some Barnes tombstones.

On the way home from Kaysville/Layton we stopped at Thanksgiving Point to see the lights. Liz loved them and I loved that we were able to enjoy it from the comfort of our warm car. And finally, we went out for a delicious dinner at Pizzeria Seven Twelve. The food was amazing! I will definitely eat there next time I'm in Utah.

Other favorite, not-previously-posted pictures from our stay in Utah:
As always, we had a fabulous time in Utah, but there are still many people that we were not able to visit with during this trip (mostly because of all the pre-scheduled family functions). There are also lots of things we were not able to do. I for one intended to visit the Family History Library. Oh well. Mostly we hate leaving family and wish we could move closer to them.

6 comments:

rachael said...

I just got a chance to catch up on your trip to Utah. Everyone looks like they had an awesome time. I'm jealous of your big family. You know, I always thought that I wanted 2 maybe 3 kids, but when I see big families, I want a house full of babies. Speaking of babies, Lainey is getting to be a chunk..I love it!! Riley is so not a chunk. He's long and lean. He's almost in 12 month pants because his legs are so long. What size is Lainey in now?
I love that Liz is learning to ski. Do you ski? I haven't skied in years. I'd probably kill myself trying now.

DC Diva said...

Jill, You've done a great job at posting all the Utah pictures. Thank you! I've loved see all the Roger fam activities. Seems like only yesterday David was sporting a tux at YOUR wedding... complete w/ a black eye! Remember that? Time flies!

Jill said...

Hey Rachael, Lainey is still wearing 0-3 month clothing. At her last appointment she was 10% height and 40% for weight. Short and chubby. . . . I do not ski. Andrew does though and he absolutely loves it so he wants Liz to love it too. He started skiing at age 4. We started Liz at age 3.

Jessica said...

I'm sorry your trip is over! You look super hot with curly hair.

Carrie said...

Jill, I'm amazed at all the posts you did while on vacation. They're fun to see.
We also go by my parent's house and gravesite when we're in Kaysville. The people that bought the house are really nice and gave me a tour of the remodel last year. It makes me sad too because it just reminds me that they're not there anymore.
It was great to see you, Andrew and the girls! I didn't know you cut your hair because I don't see you often enough but it always looks beautiful.

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

next time you come out...you'll have to stop by...you were so close at the Thanksgiving Point lights. By the way, we LOVE P712. One of my best friends brothers runs it. It's so delicious. It's like bringing Sundance to Orem. Perfection! Glad you had fun while you were here...it was fun to see the picture of you and your siblings.

Contributors