Saturday, November 22, 2008

A pretty great day . . . .

Dave & Emily's Wedding
Dave and Emily were married at the Bountiful Temple. In the above picture Lizzie and Iris keep warm under Drew's coat while we wait for the next round of pictures. My brothers: Scott, Mike, Dave, & Rob. Wedding cake: chocolate with raspberry filling. The wedding colors were purple and charcoal gray. Dave did not smash the cake in Emily's face because she had warned him not to. I did the same with Drew (threatened was more like it). The luncheon was at Log Haven, up Millcreek Canyon. Above picture: Scott and his daughter, Willa
My brother Michael. The little girls loved playing with him and teasing him about his long hair.Rob and Lisa. Next week they are moving with their baby, Logan, to New Mexico.
Lizzie and Iris eating wedding cake at the vacated head table. Lizzie was really sad when she realized she would not be allowed to sit next to the bride during the luncheon.Dave, the groom, is trying to sneak a bit of Lizzie's cake. She kept laughing and telling him to get his own.
The cute couple. We are so happy to have Emily in our family.I love this picture of Julie. I think she looks super cute and she's totally rockin the matching shirt all the sisters and sister-in-laws wore. The guys all got a gray tie and all the little kids wore gray as well, except for Alaina who wore purple (already a diva like her sister I guess).
Mom and baby Logan. I love his little hat. He's not smiling in this picture, but he and Smith are really super smiling babies. Alaina's getting there. So far she's just as likely to stare at us as smile at us.Michael with his hair down. Unfortunately his girlfriend Cat couldn't make it. She is in Texas helping a sister that recently had her third baby.Nate, Julie, and the back of Trey's head. The food at the luncheon was delicious and it was so nice to visit with family I otherwise wouldn't see during a brief visit to Utah. In the picture below Emily is in her "get away" suit. She and Dave jetted off to California for a cruise moments later.
Alaina's baby blessing

Alaina wore the same silk blessing dress Liz wore five years ago. I love that I was able to use this dress again.

First we started with a prayer and hymn to set the tone (the guys had been watching the BYU vs. U of U football game moments before). I picked "Count Your Many Blessings" for us to sing because I feel like we have been very blessed these last couple years--blessed during our highs and our lows.

Andrew said a few words about the importance of giving a name and the significance of the names we chose for our daughters. I think he did an absolutely fabulous job. Then, he also gave a beautiful blessing. Lainey flashed Drew a huge smile right as he began and looked at him, and cooed, throughout the whole blessing. It was such a great moment for our little family.

3 comments:

rachael said...

Oh my gosh, Lainey is getting so big! What size is she in now? The wedding pictures are beautiful. I was very impressed with myself that I recognized some of your family members, like your sister and your brother and your mom.

You look so beautiful in the pictures on your blog. You always appear to look so put together. I'm jealous. I never seem to find the time to get put together (or maybe I just don't feel put together). Anyway, you look so happy and beautiful!

Wendi said...

I love the blessing dress, Jill!! I think I was out of town for Lizzie's blessing. I wish we could have been there to hear Andrew...what a sweet little blessing that cute baby is!!Bet it was great to share it with your family. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Jessica said...

I am so glad you could bless her with so much of your family present--having children and blessing them and ultimately thanking God for them is such a BIG deal. I felt a little sad that my parents and sister in law were the only ones in town for the blessing of The Deuce. I am sure Drew gave a beautiful blessing. What an exciting time for you!

Contributors