Monday, November 3, 2008

This year's Halloween festivities

We did some fun things in October to celebrate Halloween:Lizzie decorated pumpkins. Drew and I have never carved pumpkins with her because neither of us like to. Maybe next year. . . .
We went to a Halloween party at Lea's house. So fun. Liz was a fairy princess. She put together her own costume from our dress up bin and Lainey wore a borrowed one from the Maneys.
As per her request, Elizabeth wore this Halloween hair bow almost daily.
Liz and I made another visit to Cox Farms. We were only able to spend about 3.5 hours there which was NOT enough time. Next year I hope to spend more time and bring Andrew with us. Still, it was fun. Lizzie and I both enjoyed the slides and unlimited apple cider samples. Only bummer: a bee inadvertently stung me (or I smashed it's stinger into my palm when I grabbed the stroller handle). I haven't been stung by a bee since grade school (a wasp got me once in high school and once when I was expecting Lizzie) and had forgotten how much it hurts--excruciating! Also, like last year we only bought one gallon of cider and (like last year) I regretted it almost as soon as we got home because we plowed through it in three days.
We went to the ward trunk-or-treat and chili cook off. Drew didn't stay long because he had a volleyball game, but at least we got a picture with him before we left. Liz had enjoyed the "fishing" booth and the cake walk (see below). I enjoyed visiting with grown-ups while she pretty much ran around the gym with a pack of little girls.
We went trick-or-treating for pretty much the first time (the time when she was two barely counts because she had NO idea what was going on and was terrified). Lizzie was soooo excited. We didn't know where we were going to go till about two hours beforehand. We ended up at Cameron Station and I have to say that it was the perfect place--affluent townhome community. We were able to cover a lot of ground in not too much time.
The whole experience felt idyllic. Liz said "trick or treat" to everyone and got so excited about getting candy (not that she's eaten eat much of it picky eater that she is). At one stop a lady asked Lizzie why she had less candy that her fellow trick-or-treaters. Liz said, "I got here late." So the lady piled in more.

4 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

Love the costumes! You guys are all so cute!

Bonnie said...

I love your little peapod:)

M & J Bowerbank said...

You all looked so cute in your costumes. I love the fall! Lizzy was talking of how much fun she had in class at church on sunday. LOl

Carrie said...

I love costumes that are easy to put together. Collette used dress-up clothes as well. Its too bad we couldn't get a photo of Alaina and Clarissa together as pea pods.
Your costumes are great!
I can relate to getting stung by a bee. I was stung twice a few months ago and my whole arm was swollen. I felt sick for the rest of that night. Yes, it hurts!

Contributors