Thursday, July 8, 2010

Family Gathering

Last Thursday evening, after all the funeral activities, we all met at Julie's house. We drank rootbeer floats in honor of Grandpa Bud while we watched the kids run around the yard and splash in the kiddie pool. It made me want to move back to Utah. Another incentive: the weather was wonderful. Dry heat is SO nice. I'm hating VA's humidity even more now.

Laina, me, and my 'lil sis, Julie. Smith, Alaina, and Logan were born within six weeks of each other. They haven't been together since they were about three months old. It was so fun to see them play together. The swingset was a hit . . .
Until the boys got a little kissy. They kissed her. She cried. She wiped her cheek.
Logan wasn't sure he was in the mood for a kiss either.
My brother, Scott, holding Alaina.
Scott tried to teach the guys how people sit/squat/whatever-you-want-to-call-it in Armenia (and Russia and Ukraine and so on).
Julie showed them how it was done.
Rob and Mike with Trey. Rob, Mike, and I all stayed at Julie's house. It was crowded but it was fun and I was glad to maximize my time with siblings.
Trey and his dad, Nate.
How many boys can you fit on a toddler bike?
The kids enjoyed playing in the toddler pool. This was somewhat unplanned so they were all suitless and eventually stripped down to their undies or (regular) diapers.
Julie Ann holding Gabrielle Ann.
I think Gabby/Ellie looks sweet here.
And a little quirky in these.
Codi and Scott.
Mike and Iris.
Photo I wish I took, but never even attempted: Gabrielle and Olive.

No comments:

Contributors