Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two Wednesdays

TODAY:
We chilled at Nana and Papa's house. It was nice. The only thing missing was Drew.

We played in the pool:Checked the chemicals:Played with bubbles:Gabrielle joined us outside in the evening:
LAST WEDNESDAY:

I spent much of the day recovering from my Tuesday travels. The girls weren't too bad on the plane. My favorite moment: when my mom and I traded kids by passing them over the seat (she was seated in front of me). I spent the evening at my grandfather's viewing. Favorites from that: the photo montage Julie made, the bowl M 'n M's for mourners, seeing my cousins and their children, saying goodbye to Grandpa Bud, having my family remember my little Jacob in Grandpa Bud's obituary (that especially touched me).
'
This is what Alaina wore on the plane, slept in (lost one shoe in the night), and wore for half of the day. She didn't want to change and I didn't want to fight her.
Cousin Smith holding Gabrielle:
Uncle Mike holding Gabrielle:
Grandpa was always passing out M 'n M's so it was fitting to have these at his funeral (Lainey ate tons). The next day I saw my dad slip a bag of the candy into Grandpa's coffin before they closed the lid and that's when I started crying. Funny what sets you off.
My Dad with three of my four bros: Rob, Scott, and Mike:

No comments:

Contributors