Thursday, July 8, 2010

The second Viewing (one week ago today)

Nana & AlainaThe kids got a little rambunctious (chasing and wrestling) at the start of the second Viewing. It was not too surprising since it was just about nap time.
Aunt Julie quickly put an end to their shenanigans. During the funeral services Alaina was fairly well behaved especially considering I left all the treats and toys at my sister's house by accident. When I got up to give my talk she started crying and carrying on so I told my mom to let her come up on the stage. By the end of my talk she was in my arms.I thought the actual funeral services were nice. There was a lot of family participation and I liked learning more about Grandpa during my aunt and uncles talks. Some people wore red to the funeral in honor of Grandpa Bud. He was a huge Ute fan.
My mom, my niece Iris, Aunt Diana (with Gabrielle in her arms), & Grandma Collier.
My cousin Ali and I thought it was pretty funny that we happened to have the same nursing cover so we had her husband take a picture of us. He said something like, "this is kind of weird thing to take a picture of." The weird thing is that we didn't manage to also take a picture of our baby girls together.
Nana & Iris.
Again, my bros (with a couple of their kids: Logan & Iris)
After my talk I had to invite the entire family to the stage to sing a hymn in remembrance of grandpa. She instructed me to also announce that if anyone did not come up and sing, she would personally take back all the money grandpa had given them over the years. I love her.

2 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

Glad you were able to make the Trip. Even though it was for not so good news to be going, I bet the family loved seeing you and the two little girls

Ali Snow said...

Seriously! Why didn't we take a picture of our babies? Clearly we weren't thinking.

Contributors