Friday, July 30, 2010

Some letters just don't work out

Yesterday was our third try to have a Q day. None of them went well and I've decided to just give up on that letter and move on.

Try #1 was when we were visiting Nana in South Carolina. We made crowns so we could be queens for the day, but that's all we got around to. Try #2 was about a week ago. We tried to make quilted cards, something I have never done before with a sewing machine I almost never use. I managed to start an example card whilst Liz picked out her material. Then the thread came undone and I had neither the time, nor the patience, to pull out my instruction manual and figure out how to rethread it.
Try #3 was yesterday. Instead of making new queen crowns we each picked one out of the dressup bins. Naturally the girls fought over them. Once I put out that fire, I started another one by serving quiche for lunch. Neither girl would try it. Liz even opted for a nap instead of taking just one little bite. After all the whining and wailing at lunch I was just done and didn't even attempt the paper quilling I had planned. Hopefully we'll have better luck next summer.
Just because:

No comments:

Contributors