Thursday, July 8, 2010

Family luncheon

After the gravesite we returned to the church for the usual family luncheon. The food was really good and beyond that, it was really nice to spend time with family I hadn't seen in a long time. For some of them it had been years. I hadn't seen Mike or Logan since Dave's wedding in 2008 (still haven't seen Lisa since then) and I had yet to meet my newest niece, Olive, and many of my cousin's new babies.

One of the great things about family gatherings is there is always someone willing to hold your baby: Rob & Gabrielle.My (youngest) cousin, Susannah, with Gabrielle. Susannah and Logan. They spent a lot of time together. Logan just adored her.
After napping a bit at the gravesite, Alaina was her usual delightful self.
I think Papa expected her to at least hesitate before she leaped.
Logan (Rob's son) with Papa.We tried really hard to get a group picture of all of my parent's grandkids while we were there (Lizzie was the only one not in town). It didn't quite work. We got four out of eight. Pictured are: Alaina, Logan, Iris, and Trey (in back)--that's one kid from each family actually.Dad and Rob.
Somehow throughout the whole funeral process I thought I was getting more pictures of family. Turns out I was just visiting with them (not at all a bad thing). The following picture is me and my cousin Amy. We've been good friends pretty much since we were born.

1 comment:

DC Diva said...

Loving all these pictures, Jill!

Contributors