Sunday, July 25, 2010

Our R Day

I started off last fRiday day with rainbow pancakes. I was really excited about them, and then I took a bite. Halfway through her rainbow Lizzie said, "I think you put in too much coloring, Mommy, because I can taste it. If it's okay, I'm not going to eat anymore." I was also excited about red toenails. I painted mine, but Liz wasn't interested. After breakfast we went to the gym, where in the spirit of R day, I ran on the treadmill for the first time in probably two years. I know, pathetic. Even more pathetic, I'm still sore a full two days later.

Next, we went to our last day of swim class. It doesn't start with an R, but let's just say that I was relieved that it was over. Keeping Ellie cool was super stressful for me. Below is a shot of the kid's towel tent. They spent a lot of time in there which I think indicates that they were also ready for class to be over.
Laina loved her pool time, but when I had to feed or hold Gabby she was happy to play with the foot washer and the decorative rocks.
Lizzie finished off and turned in her reading program charts to the local library, Barnes & Nobel, and Borders. At first I told her that she couldn't write the same book on more than one chart, but with the last few books I definitely changed my mind.Additional rest and reading time:
Liz is "reading" the American Girl catalog. She wants one of those dolls real bad, but she didn't even know they existed until the dumb catalog showed up. Darn them and their overpriced dolls and accessories.

1 comment:

Julie Broadbent said...

Rainbow pancakes. Awesome! I am so doing that!

Contributors