Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And it goes on and on . . .

I went back to the doctor's office today because the new medication they gave me yesterday seemed to accelerate my heartbeat (they took me off the old stuff because of this). I took one dose at 2 p.m. and it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest so I didn't dare take anymore. Of course I also didn't dare tell Andrew that I had stopped taking them. Anyway, I went in for another unscheduled marathon appointment this afternoon and spent a little over two hours hooked up to the non-stress test machine. When I asked for a bathroom break before they started some intravenous fluids the doc just pulled the cords out of the machine and sent me to the rest room with them still strapped around my belly (the nurse didn't seem to approve of this). End result: I'm going to be taking a half dose of my new medication from now on and today's doc wants me to extend my bed rest another week until I make it to 37. And I thought I was so close to be finished. Ugh.

On a more postive note I found out today that the state of Virginia issues death certificates for stillborns (thanks to a law was passed in 2003). I'm glad. Part of me wants something official to show that my baby Jacob existed.

3 comments:

Codi said...

That is great news about Jacob. But not such great news for you as far as the meds go and the bed rest. Wish we were closer so we could at least visit. Our prayers are with you.

flem-fam said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry that you have to be down for longer. I'll help out in any way I can.

That's cool about the death certificate. I think it would make me happy too.

We had tons of fun with Liz at the beach today! Thanks for letting her come with us!

Ryann said...

Darn it another week. But maybe afterwards they'll let you go in to labor. Maybe you'll have baby girl in a little over a week!

Contributors