Saturday, August 9, 2008

More baby prep

In an effort to be optimistic we have gone forward with some baby preparations. On Friday night we went to REI and bought a backpack to use as a diaper bag (with the idea that when we no longer need it for diapers it will still be useful to us). Also, I brought back our baby gear from South Carolina. I haven't unpacked it yet. I'm going to wait till I have the baby to tackle that project. Though I unfortunately noticed that I left the crucial boppy in South Carolina so we'll have to borrow one or make due without until my mom visits.

Finally, we cut more baby names. Now our list is down to a very manageable nine names. We cut: Breah, Bronwyn (didn’t like the nickname possibilities), Gavrielle/a (Drew prefers it with a B not V), Jocelyn, Katelyn, Lauren, Marissa, Melodie (I almost vetoed this when Drew first suggested it), Naomi, Olivia, Ophelia, Rachel, Sadie (according to Andrew it’s “too cutsey”), Samantha, Whitney (according to me it's "too cutesy"), and Yasmin/Yasmeen.

We kept:
Alaina - (Irish) attractive, peaceful
Amelia - (German) hardworking
Anastasia - (Greek) resurrection
Gabrielle/a - (French/Italian) devoted to God
Gretchen - (German) pearl
Gwyneth - (Welsh) white wave, white browed, new moon
Kara - (Greek, Danish) pure
Malia - (Hawaiian, Zuni, Spanish) sea of bitterness
Megan - (Greek) pearl

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Kara. Lisa likes Gwyneth and Malia.

Jessica said...

I have TWO boppies Jill, you are welcome to use them until you retrieve yours.

Dan and Sharon said...

Gabrielle or Gabriella are the one I like. That way you will have a Lizzie and a Gabbie.

Contributors