Monday, August 25, 2008

Yesterday and Today

I am more than halfway through my "bed arrest" as friend put it. Yesterday was day six and the first day that I really felt confined. Maybe that was because Liz was home and every time she asked me to do something I had to say, "go ask you father," knowing all the while that he was feverishly trying to do work around the house as well as do his "work work." Maybe I also noticed how time dragged because I was trying to entertain Lizzie instead of just indulging myself. It's been surprisingly nice to have an entire day today to just read, watch tv, and surf the internet. I guess I'm starting to get over my compulsion to clean things up (though I am making a mental list of things to do this weekend when my "rest" is over).

Things I intended to do yesterday and today: write thank you notes, order some Christmas gifts online, sort through mail and other accumulated papers, finish online genealogy training, work on family history and at least outline my life history, work on photo books, organize photos and back them up online, type letters to my grandparents, program phone numbers into my new cell phone, do family history indexing, organize recipes, and cull our herbs and spices collection.

Things I actually did yesterday: read a book, watched Arrested Development and the Colbert Report on http://www.hulu.com/ (it's a pretty cool site), watched kids movies with Liz and played ponies (but mostly we watched movies), surfed the internet, made Lizzie put away her folded laundry, and talked to Drew about how we should probably pack our bag for the hospital "just in case" (we got as far as taking the bag out of the closet).

Things I have done so far today: eat, read, and watch the history channel.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Um, I think you also talked to Andrew about a little weight loss as well! :)

I can believe how much you are planning on doing from a bed! I would just lay back and read the books, watch the movies. Ordering Christmas gifts? Man! No wonder my life is such a mess - I don't start doing that till January when everything finally goes on major sale! :)

I am glad you are over the hump! Hang in there!

rachael said...

So what happens after your bedrest? Do you have a doctor's appt. the last day of your 10 day span to see if it's okay for you to come off of bedrest?? Do they think you'll go into labor after the 10 days?? And will that be okay if you do?? Are you still having contractions?? Anyway...
Don't you love online shopping? I love that I can go shopping, put things in my shopping cart and then change my mind without ever having to put everything back on the shelves, and I still get the high of shopping without ever spending a dime. I love it!! And once I do buy stuff it's like going shopping twice, once on the computer and then again when it comes in the mail. I really love it.

Contributors