Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 5 - Halfway Mark

I'm halfway through my bed rest! Hurray!
And I'm still feeling baby movement! Hurray!

While Saturday is often a family day the three of us had completely different schedules today.

Drew played basketball, painted the kitchen, packed up a third of the den to make room for baby stuff, watched the Olympics, and shuttled Lizzie around. Thank you to Brent who helped in the kitchen and den.

Lizzie spent the morning at Lea's house playing (thanks Lea). From there she went straight to a birthday party at the soft playroom and then to our babysitting co-op (thanks Tiffany), returning at bedtime to read stories and cuddle up with me.

I laid in bed, finished reading the second Twilight book, wrapped a present, watched couple movies (thanks Drew for moving a tv into my room), surfed baby gear sites on the internet, started organizing the photos on our computer and backing them up online, laid on the couch, wrote some thank you notes, and ordered pizza (my activities/accomplishments are pretty limited from bed so I count everything).

We also culled two names from our list. Goodbye Gwyneth and Kara.

Remaining names: Alaina, Amelia, Anastasia, Gabrielle/a, Malia, Megan, and Gretchen.

Drew wanted to veto Amelia and Malia, but I'm not ready to give them up yet. Likewise he saved Anastasia when I vetoed it.

Also, it seems like every time I read the name Gretchen Andrew says, "It sounds so German." I say, "Well, it is German." It's being to feel like a routine.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Jill....I'm sorry you are on bedrest. If I lived closer, I would definitely have a meal at your door and Lizzie at my house. We will be keeping you guys in our prayers.

Contributors