Thursday, August 7, 2008

Today's Highlights

(1) Today I took Lizzie to North Beach with some friends. It is a wonderful beach for kids--big wooden ship to play on, shallow water, soft sand, showers, bathrooms, and nearby funnel cake stand. We had a lot of fun, even when it started pouring. We kept thinking (hoping) the dark clouds would "blow over" so we waited too long and had to race off the beach with soaking chairs, towels, and kids. The beach workers let us wait out the rain in their umbrella shed (see above picture). We thought it would be minutes, but we ended up waiting about half an hour. Then thanks to traffic we had a three hour drive home (it only took about 50 minutes to get there).

(2) Tonight in her prayers Liz thanked God for caterpillars that turn into butterflies. She also asked Heavenly Father to please let our baby girl live and for us all to live until we are "too old."

(3) So You Think You Can Dance season finale! I was really sad when Katie was eliminated, but super excited that Joshua won. Joshua was Drew's pick for winner. I couldn't decide between Katie and Joshua (though anyone who watched the finale had to notice that Katie was in like half of the favorite dances).

3 comments:

flem-fam said...

We should have stayed with you in the umbrella shed. We had to pull the car over on the side of the road because I couldn't see two feet in front of me. Scary!

Ali Snow said...

I was shocked that Katee didn't win. To be honest, I thought it would be Twitch if not Katee and so I was way off. Amazing show though. And you're such a cute Mom, Jill - it seems like you are always so fun activities.

Ryann said...

So that was the beach that we missed? Even with rain, the beach is fun! And I just learned yesterday that the SYTYCD final was last night. So Josh won huh? Too bad that I missed nearly the entire season. I was surprised that after Katie's rocky beginning that she made it to the finals. I must have missed a good season.

Contributors